Friday, 12 May 2017

Burda 9408 Purple and Pink Girls TShirt

Here's my latest sewing project.

Made with Burda 9408 pattern.  Main fabric from Abakhan, contrast fabric from an old baby vest.


I've done a more in depth description with step by step pictures in another post.

I really need to get on with making more long sleeved shirts but I love the idea of using old baby clothes to make new ones.

I'm struggling to find enough fabric for long sleeves.  I prefer the button down the front style babygrows which means i generally cant get a sleeve out of the front.  The few "full front" babygrows I have feature big designs on the front so theyre no good.

I reckon if I'm super accurate with my cutting I might be able to get a pair of long sleeves out of a baby grow if I cut them from the sides and place the side seam on the centre sleeve.
I'll be trying that next time I cut a batch.



LinkUps I'm joining:
Bugaboo Challenge Anything Goes


No comments:

Post a Comment