Thursday, 23 October 2014

Scary Spider Wreath

This is an idea I came up with while trying to get to sleep one night.  I've a bit of a thing for wreaths at the moment and I had a do at a Halloween coloured one but I wanted to do something a little scarier!  So I came up the idea of using the same technique I've use to make dream catchers to make a spider web.  I wrapped some old black yarn around a large embroidery hoop until it was covered. Then I wrapped more yarn across the middle to make a wheel design.  Then I knotted yet more black yarn around each "spoke" of the "wheel".  It looked like a spider web sure enough but it was a little plain and boring so I dug out my old pom-pom making kit and made two pom-poms, one big and one small.  I got some old wire and bent it into leg type shapes then glued the large pom-pom onto the middle with the small pom-pom at the front.  He did have little gems for eyes but could I get them to stick on!  Googley eyes would have been cool but I didn't have any to hand.   


Ingredients:
Embroidery Hoop 10 Inch (25cm)Martha Stewart Wool Alpaca DarjeelingWire - 24 Gauge Silver - 40' Spool

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous spiders web! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birdie, this is so clever! I love that you put that wonderful "hairy" spider as a focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog...your project is awesome...hope you stop by and play with us again <((><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, but my CHNC challenge 199 is a Christmas challenge, not Halloween. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful creation. It is perfect for our ‘Halloween’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Milk Coffee Challenge.
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh this looks fab! thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea!
    Thanks for joining in this week at The Paper Shelter, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! A really clever idea and beautifully made.

    Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete