Friday, 14 March 2014

Yellow Roses for Mother's Day

I never used to like shaped cards, it was one of those sign and "put your big girl panties on" challenges.  But I treated myself to a set of the new XCut Large Nesting dies and now here I am completely voluntarily making a shaped card!  I'm loving how easy it is to make the card look "finished" without sitting there staring at the awkward space in the corner wondering what will fill it.


Products Used:



I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Here's the fab sketch from Sunday Sketch & Stamp:


And the colour combo from Sketchy Colors:

11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty and beautifully coloured card - perfect for our 'Inspired By' theme this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with your shaped card, Bridie! Very pretty palette, love the image & coloring & all the design details! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    (Glad you put your big-girl panties on occasionally, too, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card, I like the shape and your background is very nice too (my favorite colors!). I saw your card on Make it Monday. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful card! Cute image and love the papers!
    THank you for joining Sketchy Colors this week and good luck!
    HUgs,Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Bridie I like the image the shape the colours and the roses.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is such a pretty summery card and I love the circular design...pretty detail too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this on Make It Monday’s final challenge…Love it!! Feel free to check out my entries..so far that would be #’s 42 and 175!
    Be sure to check out the HUGE blog candy I have on my blog right now!! http://busyinspirations.blogspot.com/
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely shaped card, those flowers are gorgeous!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card and I love the fresh colour scheme you've used. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I chose your wonderful card to feature on my blog as a POTW from the last Make It Monday linky party.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete