Monday, 20 January 2014

Madame Payraud's Autumnal Fairy

Distress style projects are not normally my forte so I was a bit phased when the Madame Payraud's range arrived in stock.  I let it sit on the shelf for a while until inspiration struck.

It started with the DoCrafts Enchanted Challenge - Shades of Brown, an excuse to buy myself a paper pack, then a sketch from Creative Inspirations and I was away!  I just kept adding more and more embellishments from the range, creating lots of different layers and textures.

I'm so glad I invested in these flower and leaves dies, I did uhm and ahh for a while but I was getting bored with my simple daisy punch.  It's great to have such a wide range of petals to choose from.  These weird looking fantasy style flowers were just the thing for this project.




Products Used:



I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Here's the sketch I followed from Creative Inspirations:

17 comments:

  1. super card, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautifully muted sweetie xxx you have done a great job xx thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and great take on the sketch! Love your sweet image and those flowers you created are so pretty. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, those flowers are amazing with your image, LOVE them. This is fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so cute! I love the colors here. Sweet! Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I'm the same as you, it's not my usual style but always fun to try something new and make the style your own.

    Thanks for joining us for this weeks TTPH challenge

    Sara DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really pretty card Bridie and so beautifully embellished with those lovely flowers and very effective tiles for the sentiment.

    Thanks for joining in with our Love is in the Air theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card....and i love the wee flowers, the fairy is quite beautiful..

    fiona DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, everything works so perfectly!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful creation & thank you for using my sketch! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, the colors are beautiful and works so great together! Love the use of vellum behind the image and the flowers looks really cool! Thank you for playing along with us at TTPH this week :)
    Lisbeth, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely magical card Bridie and the flowers work beautifully with the theme.
    Thank you for sharing your card for our love is in the air challenge at Penny Black and More. We hope you will join us again soon.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and a delightful stamp beautifully coloured.
    Thank you for joining the Penny Black & More @ Allsorts 'Love is in the Air; challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just adorable.. I love you image and the floral detail you have added to this card.. Thanks for joining us here at TTPH..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very, very pretty! Love the image and all the wonderful details you added to the card! Really lovely color palette, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet card. Great design and I love all of your embellishments. Your have a good eye for the detail.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the muted colours and whimsical looking image love the B.paper and gorgeous flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete