Monday, 21 October 2013

Holiday Sparkle

I've been neglecting my card making lately while I've been helping some friends with their wedding plans.  Now that the amazing day is behind us it's time to play catch up!  So I've been doing a few quick and easy cards to get back up to date with all the challenges I like to enter.  This was the only suitable image I had but it's quite intricate and I didn't want to do a big 8 x 8 card.  So I thought I'd have a do at a monochrome image, less swapping pens means it's faster to colour.  I was a bit dubious when I first put pen to paper but when it was done, I'm actually quite pleased with the unusual result.





I am entering this card into the following challenges:

And here's the sketch:

12 comments:

  1. A lovely card, I love your colour scheme and beautiful image - fabulous desails!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As all you lovely blogging friends left such kind massages last week saying you were fine with copy and pastes while I am not up to typing, I am as 'instructed' popping in to say hello and take a peek at your lovely work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card Bridie, I like the image and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is nice, love the carol singers image and pretty colors. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card love the image and BP. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Bridie, monochrome always looks so classy!
    Thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great entry to our challenge thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous monochrome card Bridie, I love your image and colour choice.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card, I love the mono style and a perfect image for our challenge!
    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color choice you used here. It's so effectively done. Wonderful card and a fabulous interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for playing with us this week at Sketch Saturday. Good luck!
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah this is lovely, like the colour tones you went for, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the monochrome! Fab colouring and design! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete