Thursday, 13 June 2013

Forever Friends Footballer

Humph!  I think I made a boo boo . . . I used to use Letraset Bleedproof Marker paper for my stamping but Letraset have been bought by ColArt who have a much higher minimum order value so getting hold of Letraset products is going to be problematic for a while - at least until I've paid the builders and can be sure I have enough capital to invest in a big batch of Letraset products and maybe some new ColArt products too - watch this space!

But for the time being I needed to find an alternative so I ordered a small quantity of each of the Craft Creations cards that might be suitable.  I did a test stamp and digi print on each and chose the Matt Coated White Card as the best for both.  So I ordered myself a batch of 40 sheets.  But it's not taking the ink as well as the test sheet.  The ink seems to "sit" on the surface and doesn't blend properly - waaaahhh!!!  I must have got the test sheets mixed up - it's so difficult to tell the difference between bright white sheets of cardstock.  I was sure I double checked but hey back to the drawing board.  


Products Used:
Brads included with Carousel

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

20 comments:

  1. Fantastic creation! Thanks for playing along at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable image. Nice take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Bridie, I like the sweet ff image, the colours and the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Letraset had been taken over Bridie, but I guess it's the norm when this happens things change and it's not usually for the best.

    Great card btw, sweet bear.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bridie, great card despite the card problems. I didn't know letraset had been bought either, that's a shame. Thanks for the info though x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card with my favorite bear.. Thanks for joining at Creative Craft Challenges: We Love You, Dad
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. I like the striped papers and the image is so cute.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great male card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card. love the colours x fab layout

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Bridie, Love that cute image... Great colours & papers... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Bridie. Cute image and fab colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Father's Day card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love the colored image and fun papers.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very sorry to leave a message after the challenge and apologize to you. Life has gotten in the way of crafting for the past 2 weeks and I had to put the computer aside. Again, my apologies.

    This is an adorable card. It is bright, cheerful, very guy-ish and done extremely well. I note you're having paper problems...I understand and still struggle but found a paper that works fairly well--Neenah Super Smooth. I buy mine at 7KidsCollegeFund.com. Would you like me to send you some pieces to experiment with?

    Thanks for joining the Sweet Stampin' Challenge and, again, I apologize for posting this note after the challenge.

    Hugs,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG I love these cute bears,,,,,,,,,,,and the paper backgrounds are stunning.Thanks for your comment at mayshappydaze about my "Vintage Flowers & butterflies Cs" .Please visit my blog /Store and feel free to ask me your favorite product from all my stuff for free, email me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful funny card! I like your bear!
    vive-lavi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant card, I love all the coordinated layers, The colours are fab and the image too cute.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so sweet - love the combination of papers!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men and good luck! Hugs, Anne (DT)

    ReplyDelete