Tuesday, 17 April 2012

ProMarkers and Caron Vinson Rubber Stamps Coming Soon

I've had a very exciting day and I just had to tell you about it.

I've finally taken the decision to invest in ProMarkers and some really edgy stamps to do them justice.  Surprisingly no one's actually asked us to get ProMarkers in stock so it hasn't been a priority.  But I WANT them so I'm guessing I wont be the only one.



We're negotiating with Letraset right now and should have ProMarkers in stock very soon.  Watch this space!

Years ago we did a range of Caron Vinson die cut decoupage sheets which flew off the shelves and we shelves and we were inundated with requests for me which unfortunately we couldn't get at the time.  Whilst hunting for some really unique rubber stamps I came across Sweet Pea Stamps who work with artists to produce a stunning range of rubber stamps.  Including a range by Caron Vinson.  I ordered the lot straight away.  Now for the long wait while they arrive from the States . . .  sigh.




We've also got a selection of their Elizabeth Bell designs on order and some of the Terra Bidlespacher stamps too.



Because these stamps are coming from the states we're not going to be able to offer the full range within a sensible time frame and so they won't be available to order through our website until they actually arrive in stock.  Depending on interest we may offer them as a pre-order type option, I'm just concern about expecting you to wait a couple of months for a stamp!  But if you see anything on the Sweet Pea Stamps website we can now get it for you and will certainly be ordering based on what our customers want so your input will be very much appreciated.

Monday, 16 April 2012

Noah's Ark Challenge 3RD - 16th APRIL

This is my entry for the Noah's Ark Challenge which is being hosted by Kate on the DoCrafts forum.

This one is a recipe challenge giving a list of materials that must be included on the card.

So in that spirit here's the "ingredients" list:

And the tools:


Sunday, 15 April 2012

Katy's Sketch Challenge 10th to 17th April 2012

Challenges are really great when the dreaded crafter's block takes root in your brain.

I'm not a fan of these little tags that often come with paper packs so I tend to have them leftover.  As soon as I saw Katy's sketch I knew it would be perfect for putting them to use.  And I'm so pleased with the result.

The card is made using Centura Pearl Paper - Dark Chocolate and papers from the Hot Diggity Dog collection.  I laid out the backing papers according to Katy's sketch which I rotated through 90 degrees to accommodate the tags.  Each tag has a little eyelet set into it then organza ribbon threaded through.

The tags are stuck down with 3D foam pads to give them some depth.

The little flower sticker is one of the Anita's dimension stickers.


Friday, 13 April 2012

Stash Busting Tips

Hello, my name is Bridie and I have too much stash!

I used to keep paper collections together in a folder, it's so full the edges are splitting.  I used to keep clear stamps in a folder, it's so full it won't lie flat and my precious stamps are getting bent.  I used to keep paper scraps in a display book, it's so full I can't find anything.  And worst of all my stash no longer fits neatly into my tote so I'm back to carting around my wheeled tote, shoulder tote and a stack of bags for life crammed with more goodies.

It's time to take stock, re-organise and most of all bust some stash.

The worst thing about stash busting is that you quickly run out of large sheets of papers in your favourite colours and collections.  So here's a card I came up with to get round the problem.

Instead of covering the whole card with one single sheet of plain paper or card stock as I usually would, I've used two smaller sheets.  The otherwise ugly overlap has been made into a feature with a border punch and a little glitter.  This leaves a little strip on one side just begging for a ribbon and tag greeting.

I also came across the problem of my paper not quite being the right shade for the project.  Instead of reaching for a new sheet in a better colour match I've attacked it.  First with spray inks which looked great but still not quite the right shade of purple.  So I let the ink dry and rubbed it with chalks until the colour looked right.