Friday, 21 September 2018

Max and Meena Rozzlyn Dress Sewing Project


I love this fabric, it's so smart and lovely quality especially given it was really cheap - definitely a good buy!

I've had this design in mind for ages after I saw a little girl wearing a very similar dress.  I love it when I have just the right pattern and fabric to hand.   The flutter sleeves look so pretty but don't stop this dress from being comfortable and practical for active play.


Tools and Materials:

Fabric from Abakhan
Pattern by Max and Meena.


Shoulder seams.


Finish the curved edge of the flutter (I've used an over-locker).


Then turn and press it under.


And top stitch.


Gather the straight edge using a long straight stitch.


Pin the flutter onto the sleeve.

If using just the flutter you'd need to finish the raw edges of the sleeve but I don;t need to bother doing that because I'm using the sleeve piece as well as the flutter.


Set in sleeves.  (I've transferred the pins from the flutter instead of bothering to tack the flutter in place.


I over-lock and press my hems first, particularly on the sleeves.  It makes them so much easier to hem later.


Side and sleeve seams.


Neckband.


Turn and press.


I'm trying a different technique this time.

I've stitched the neckband onto the wrong side of the top.


Then turned it to the front and top stitched in place.


Skirt / peplum side seams.


Stitch the skirt onto the bodice.

Looks like I forgot to photo the final step of finishing and turning up the hem.




Friday, 14 September 2018

Peek-A-Boo Foxes Roly Poly Romper Sewing Project


I've been on a mission to find a pattern for Little Pickle that would make use of some leftover fabric from one of Little Miss' dresses.  With just nicely enough fabric to cover a new born's torso twice over I thought it would simple to find a pattern.  How wrong I was!  

After much valuable sewing time spent hunting I eventually bought this one and I'm so glad I did.  It's adorable!!  It's a fabulous stash buster and lends itself well to colourblocking so I'm sure it will get lots of use.


Tools and Materials:


Interfacing onto the front facing and back placket.


Finish the edges that will be left exposed - I just over locked them.


Sew back plackets together.


And snip curve.


Turn and press.


Sew onto back.


Turn up leg hems and sew placket, catching hems.


Turn


Top stitch.


Shoulder seams.


Fold the neckband and press.


Pin to romper.


Turn up bottom hems.


Sew on front facings.


Turn facing to inside


 and top stitch.


Set in sleeves.


Side seams.


Sleeve hems.


Bottom hems.


And finally the poppers.